Clear all

Adobe PS CC 24.4.1 update may result in Artisan Pro not working correctly

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@admin)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

Adobe PS CC 24.4.1 update (May 2023) results in unpredictable and incorrect results.

PS CC 24.4.1 is a release that can cause the restore feature in the UXP version of Artisan Pro to behave unpredictably and incorrectly. It's not fully clear yet what is wrong with Adobe PS CC 24.4.1, but after several tests and also input from other Artisan users, I can, for now, confirm that the restore feature is working correctly on all previous versions of PS CC, on both Windows and Mac computers, but not with PS CC 24.4.1. What happens is that instead of the top layer that is selected for restore, the restore will be applied to the layer beneath it. I cannot reproduce it at all times but it happens in PS CC 24.4.1 on Windows. I encountered it too, only once on the Mac with M1/M2 processors. It almost always occurs on Windows. It doesn't happen with the CEP version of Artisan Pro, when using Adobe PS CC 24.4.1, only with the UXP version.

My recommendation is to not update to PS CC 24.4.1 yet till more has become clear (or till Adobe releases a new update) or to roll back to the previous PS CC version.

If anyone is working with PS CC 24.4.1 and notices this erratic behavior of the restore feature too, please let me know and please include if you're on Mac (Intel or M1/M2) or Windows.

Share: